The present moment is the place from which our entire world is created.
Our work, relationships and day to day experiences all arise from what we're thinking, our feelings and the choices that occur in a connection of infinite moments.
But how many of us are truly aware of our thoughts, our feelings and the actions that give rise to our lives?
How many of us have taken the time to cultivate and grow one of the critical skills required to create the life and world we dream of?
In-depth mindfulness training is perhaps one of the most important steps you can take on your path of personal growth and evolution.
And this is why we're thrilled to invite you to participate in our upcoming Oceans Mindset Retreat.
Over this unique three day event at Australia's newest beachfront retreat, you'll learn how to overcome the roadblocks of your mind.
We'll use evidence-based techniques in mindfulness, neuroscience, modern research, Buddhist psychology, somatics, biology, manual therapy, ancient wisdom and spirituality to help you become more aware of your thoughts and emotions. This enhances our capacity to cope with life’s challenges with grace and wisdom.
Over the three days you will journey into the mind to:
- Learn to work with and transform your difficult emotions, feelings and thoughts on a moment to moment basis. You'll learn how to work with fear, stress and how to relate wisely to self-doubt.
- Learn to stay calm and focused for greater effectiveness regardless of what external events and circumstances are in your life. You'll leave this retreat with the skills to better manage stress and anxiety.
- Learn to bring presence to your daily interactions by slowing them down and responding to them instead of habitually reacting to situations. You'll increase your emotional intelligence, decrease overwhelm and conflict and improve your relationships.
- Learn what limiting beliefs and negative thought patterns are holding you back from reaching your true potential and living the life you dreamed of.
- Learn more about what your deepest and truest intention are for work, relationships and living so that you can feel more alive.
Are you ready to feel vibrant and happy and let go of the negativity and blockages that have held you back?
And are you ready to create the life and existence you know is possible and waiting for you?
You’ll learn how to watch and quiet the mind. You’ll learn to slow down.
At the end of the retreat you’ll be on your way to having your own meditation practice, one that you continue to use well into the future. You'll be given audio resources for your own personal and spiritual growth.
Throughout the retreat you’ll immerse yourself in the best content focused on neuroscience and mindfulness concepts, practices, and instructions.
- Teaching sessions: this will cover mindfulness concepts and practices, intentional living, working with limiting beliefs, changing the voice of the inner critic, overcoming the fear of failure, working with self-doubt
- Meditations within the teachings: At the end of the teaching sessions you will be given a short guided meditation practice.
- Daily Guided Meditations: You will be given daily meditations to help you go deeper with the existing teachings - including a sunrise beach meditation. You'll receive audio recordings to go home with.
Personal Journalling Exercises: Journalling is one of the most powerful tools for deepening your self-understanding. The retreat includes your own, personal journal time with allocated questions that you can access any time
- A powerful opening and closing ceremony and steps on how to integrate the training and practices into your everyday life.
- Each day includes a movement based class to move and release your physical body and shift any long-held tension. The body is also a profound training ground for developing awareness.
- We'll utilise the power of the ocean in both ceremony and play to refresh and renew.
- You will have free time to enjoy a beach walk or swim.
- Accommodation at Oceans Wellness Retreat. Check in is prior to 10am on day one so you can fully immerse yourself in the retreat. If you wish to arrive before the retreat begins or spend another night to yourself, tailored packages can be arranged to suit your needs. We have both single share (with private bathroom) and twin share options available.
- Nutrition: Oceans Retreat showcases how food can be just as enjoyable on the palate as it is good for your body. The menu is flexible and meals are both delicious and nutritious by design. All meals, snacks and refreshments are included in this retreat.
- Daily Movement: Contemporary Pilates Flow classes, embodied movement and myofascial release sessions will help you to reconnect to your body and quiet a busy mind. All equipment is provided so you only have to worry about enjoying yourself.
- Stand Up Paddleboarding, swimming and beach walks: the beach is just 50 metres away and the perfect place for refreshing, reflecting and renewing whilst being immersed in this retreat.
- Take home resources: you will be supplied with audio files of the teachings and practices, journalling exercises and reflections.
Massage and spa treatments can be pre-booked and scheduled in your free time (additional costs apply).
Jessica Maguire is a Mindfulness Teacher, Physiotherapist and Clinical Pilates instructor.
On discovering the transformative power of Mindfulness, Jess applied the life-changing tool in the treatment of her patients who were then able to reach their health and fitness goals consistently and improve their physical, mental and emotional health. Emphasising the use of mindfulness, neuroscience, movement, contemplative practices and taking time out to retreat from the hectic pace of every day life, Jess co-created the Coming Home to Your Body Retreats in 2016 with Cassie Thomas.
Their weekend and week-long retreats are held throughout Australia and also Asia. They join with other practitioners to offer an unforgettable and life changing experience.
After six years running her own physiotherapy practice in Tasmania, Jess undertook a world-wide sabbatical to delve further into the world of neuroscience and mindfulness, learning from the best teachers and researchers she could find. Extensive travel through Asia and the USA led her to undertaking Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification in Scotts Valley, California with Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield, two renowned meditation teachers, psychologists and authors, influential in bringing eastern meditation practices to the western world.
Jess learned about self-compassion from its original researcher, Dr Kristen Neff and also studied mindful movement and neuroscience with psychotherapist and yoga therapist Bo Forbes in London.
These teachings have helped people free themselves from the suffering of fear, stress, worry and shame for over 2500 years and are supported by the most modern research in neuroscience.
The studies Jess undertook throughout 2017 will be the foundation of this retreat. She will blend modern neuroscience with ancient wisdom to improve awareness and self-understanding for each person who attends.
Jess will be supported by the warm Oceans Retreat team throughout the weekend.
If you would like a twin share option and are taking the retreat alone, we will assist you to find a suitable person to share with.
Payment plans can be arranged. A $200 non-refundable deposit will secure your place at this retreat.
Once your deposit has been made we will contact you to arrange a payment plan.